WELCOME TO RECEPTION'S PAGE
As an early adopter school the planning for Reception is based around 7 areas of learning, which are split into two sections - prime and specific. The ‘prime’ areas of learning and development are:
- Communication and language (listening, attention and understanding, speaking)
- Physical development (gross motor skills and fine motor skills)
- Personal, social and emotional development (self-regulation, managing self and building relationships)
The ‘specific’ areas of learning and development are:
- Literacy (comprehension, word reading and writing)
- Mathematics (number and numerical patterns)
- Understanding the world (past and present, people, culture and communities, the natural world)
- Expressive arts and design (creating with materials and being imaginative and expressive)
We follow a child initiated approach to learning, following the children's' interests. Each week children will be chosen as focus children and staff will spend time ensuring these children are the focus of our observations on Tapestry. Please let us know on tapestry any new interests your child may have.
Alongside Continuous Provision, the children will take part in Song of Sounds, our chosen Phonics programme, a short Maths session and a Literacy based activity every day. We will also be teaching Jigsaw weekly.
Homework - It is important that you read with your child every night and sign their reading records. If you would like to support your child further at home every week we add to the school Facebook page our home learning this is inline with what the children are learning in school.
If you have any queries please see Mrs. Viney, Miss. Hoodless, Miss. Allen, Mrs. Roche, Miss. Pugh, Mrs. Cruickshank, Mrs. Imrie, Miss. Martin and Mrs. Hall we will be pleased to help.